Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Panther Chronicles: Merry Chrystmas

We have not posted in a while and its because its been a hectic holiday for all of us to say the least. Its been especially hectic for our fantasy football blogger Greg Beshero because his mother was hospitalized before christmas so we ask all our fans and followers to pray for Gregs mom. We  are also asking patience from all of you. We will get back to posting and podcasting as soon as things get more settled. But in the mean time I'm going to recap the hire of new Pitt football coach, Paul Chryst.


I was happy when I learned Todd Graham was leaving Pitt. I was so sick of his "high octane" crap. Maybe he would have led Pitt to a couple of BCS bowl games but good riddance to a man that never wanted to be at Pitt in the first place. With that being said I personally LOVE the hiring of Wisconsin badgers offensive Cordinator Paul Chryst. I hate the fact he went to grad school at West Virginia, but If Chryst can turn Pitt's offense into that of the Badgers then expect Pitt to dominate the Big East the next two seasons and the Acc when they join in 2014. Also I like the fact the Chryst turned down offers to be a head coach before to wait for the right job because it shows that the Pitt head coaching job is in fact a good gig. He said he turned down other offers like the Purdue job cause he figured he couldnt win in a lower level Big Ten school. But he new he could come to Pitt and win fairly soon. He also liked the facilities, the recruiting area, and the tradition of Pitt football. He said Pitt was a desitination job and after listening to him speak highly of Pitt, I honestly can say I believe him.

 I am a little worried about his lack of head coaching experience but I do think he will do well at Pitt. I usually give a coach 2-3 years of getting his team on track so after his first few seasons I believe Chryst will turn Pitt into a 8-9 win team per year. Thats pretty good in most places considering Pitt hasnt been relevant the last 30 years. Last time Pitt averaged 9 wins a season was during the Dave Wannstedt but that was enough to convince Steve Pederson that he should fire him but fortunately for Chryst, Pederson set the program back a couple steps with his coaching blunders so 9 wins will be considered a success for Chryst.

Anyway I hope Pitt fans had a very special Chrystmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.