Friday, June 8, 2012

Possible suitors for Ochocinco

At least he still got his Apps.


Well that was a forgettable tenure. Ochocinco referred to New England as "heaven" when he got traded there last year. So much for that eh? Look, I have been saying for years that Ochocinco was on the decline and now it seems his career may be in serious jeopardy.  I think he will find a team but his options will be limited. I do see some possible suitors for the once NFL star.


Jaguars: Jacksonville offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowkski worked with Ochocinco while he was in Cincy. So one would assume that Ochocinco would not have that hard of a time picking up the playbook like he did in "heaven". He could mentor Justin Blackmon and the Jaguars need to sell tickets. I think this is a great fit.


Dolphins: Ochocinco would love to be on the HBO series "Hard knocks" and he also has a residence in Miami.  The Dolphins have a few no name receivers and this could be an "attention grabber" for Miami's fickle fans. I think taking his talents to South Beach wouldn't be such a bad idea. Although, he would have to compete with Lebron James for the spotlight.


Dallas:  You can't rule anything out with Jerry Jones. The cowboys do not have great depth at wide receiver and I bet Ochocinco would love to call himself a "Cowboy". Also, I doubt Ochocinco would cry over Tony Romo when his critic’s come after him like they always do.


Raiders: I don't think this is as far fetched as some people think it is. I understand Carson Palmer got frustrated while he was in Cincinnati but I think it may have been more T.O than Ochocinco. This could be a good fit for Chad because obviously he worked with Carson Palmer and It shouldn't be hard to pick up the offense.  
Steelers: I'm just kidding obviously, but I think it would be so fun to have Ochocinco on the sidelines suited up in the black and gold. If Mike Wallace continues being stubborn then they obviously could use another reciever. Ochocinco will likely be one of the last players the Steelers would think about signing but man it would be so fun.
Sites like NFL.com and Sportsline.com have said other suitors could be Carolina and Buffalo, but I really do not see it. I also heard on ESPN that San Fransisco could be a landing spot but come on. They just reloaded with players like Randy Moss and Mario Manningham. The "MossOcho Show"?  It just doesn't have the same ring to it like the show he did with T.O back in early 2010. Honestly, If it is not Jacksonville, Miami, or Dallas, then I think we may in fact have seen the last of Chad Ochocinco. What a shame.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.