Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Panther Chronicles: Favorite Football Players pt. 2

CLICK HERE FOR PART ONE of DeLlav's favorite Pitt players!

 Many people don't realize this, but Antonio Bryant was in the Heisman discussion in 2001. Furthermore, people don't realize Bryant was a Fred Belitnikoff award winner as well. He is kind of the "forgotten" man in Pitt football history. That may be because of his brash behavior and his mediocre stint in the NFL but Antonio Bryant was one of the reasons Pitt began to turn the tide in the late 90's. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the reason Antonio Bryant has been forgotten was because of the future Heisman Hopeful and Fred Belitnikoff award winning Panther. You all know who I am talking about... Bottom line, Pitt fans MUST NOT forget what Antonio Bryant did for Pitt and be grateful for his talents in Oakland.


Do I really even need to say why he is on this list? A Pitt Panther made the cover of an EA Sports title. For me, I will always be proud of that. On the field, Larry Fitzgerald was the best player in college football. He finished second in the Heisman voting to Jason White, but Fitz should have won that trophy. Wide Receivers, let alone sophomores, get no love in the Heisman voting. If Pitt finished better than 8-5 and if Larry Fitzgerald was a senior, I bet my bottom dollar that Larry would have brought home the Heisman to the Pitt community for the first time since Tony Dorsett. I am not going to list his statistics or his awards that he won while he was a Panther because nobody needs to be reminded. Instead I am going to salute Larry Legend for bringing life into the Panther program again. Thanks bro, means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.