Friday, June 22, 2012

The Ring-less "King" No More

It's over, he did it. Lebron got ring. He did it in a dominating fashion also. Lebron James took home the NBA MVP and the NBA Finals MVP award. The dude deserves it, he really does. A lot of people have called me a Miami Heat apologist, I can assure you that it not the case. 

Image courtesy of latinospost.com
I rooted for the Heat because of the unique circumstances that the "decision" and the premature celebration created for the the big three. Yes, I know that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh put the pressure on themselves, but still the pressure almost didn't seem fair even for what they did. Death by media, that what this article would have been called if Miami lost this finals. I guarantee you that the "big 3" regret the celebration they had when King James arrived, and I especially guarantee the way Lebron left Cleveland. I could honestly imagine Lebron James drinking himself into a hospital bed if he would never have won a championship in Miami (God forbid that ever happens).



The point I am trying to make is that Lebron James, the big 3, and Miami Heat won a championship under unique circumstances unlike ANYTHING the history of the sport has seen. I really think this is one of the more deserved championship victories a player has ever had in any sport. Even the pressure was self-inflicted, Lebron James had to walk through the hottest fire a player ever had to go through to win a championship. People will say that he had a supporting cast that made it easy, but lets be honest, this victory was anything but easy. The pressure outweighed the talent the Heat had. I'm not a Cleveland guy so maybe I do understand how Cavs fans truly feel, but I think Cavs fans really don't even care that much that Lebron won a ring without them.

You want to know why I bet that is? They feel bad for him.

From everything I heard from my friends that root for the Cavs, THEY ACTUALLY FELT BAD FOR THE GUY. That tells me a few things: 

1) Clevelanders had pity for James because they recognized a human being was going through pressure and pain that has never been matched ever in the history of the game
2) They know Lebron James messed up and they know that Lebron James regretted leaving
3) They are over it and are actually looking forward the draft. THEY REALIZE ITS OVER WITH AND ITS TIME TO MOVE ON WITH LIFE.

Image courtesy of sfexaminer.com
There have been a FEW Cavs fans in "woe is me" since last night and what I want to say to them is simply, shame on you. There is more to life than following NBA basketball. If you really are that upset about Lebron's victory then you need to go to a therapist and get your priorities straight.

The good thing is that for the most part Cavs fan seems to be handling this situation just fine. I often imagined Cavs fan viewing King James' inevitable championship victory as something similar to when a girl breaks up with you and you see that girl go out on a date with another dude, rub it in your face, then she marries him. But I think Cavs fans view Lebron as that ex-girlfriend who gets fat then finally gets married to a dude she has to settle on because she can't get anyone better.  Bottom Line: Lebron got a ring, be "somewhat" happy for him, and it's time to move on.

I still think this championship victory should have been Cleveland's but I still hold out hope one day that he returns to the Cavaliers and makes right what is wrong and delivers on his promise of getting that elusive championship that is long deserved and long overdue for that franchise...Congrats King but there is much more work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.