Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Panther Chronicles: Favorite Football Players pt. 1

Ever since the 360 Community Sports days, I have written a lot about Pitt Panther athletics. I have basically said everything that I felt like saying, whether it be Dave "the stache" Wannstedt or Steve "Quaker Oats" Pederson. So I guess I am just going to do a breakdown on my favorite Pitt football players from the past 12 years. I'll rank them but it's going to be simple and sweet. Not one of my longer posts. It will be broken up into a few separate posts for the sake of "brevity". It is completely random I know, but I feel like talking Pitt and I am not sure what else to talk about. So lets get right into it.




Tyler "I'm so proud of my ******* football team" Palko

I went to every one of his home games in 2004. I watched him grow up from struggling to beat Ohio U and Furman in the early part of the season to throwing 5 touchdown passes (and an F bomb)against Notre Dame. I was at the Backyard Brawl and Heinz Field that year and even though he didn't have the greatest statistical game, he showed a lot of heart moving the team down field to score the winning touchdown run. He threw for 3,000 yards his first year as a starter but failed to do so the rest of his Pitt Career. This was mainly due to Dave Wannstedt taking over for Walt Harris in 2005 and I wonder how much more damage Palko could have done in the same system.






Darrelle Revis is obviously one of the best Pitt football players of the decade. Revis was a good recruit coming out of Aliquippa, but he wasn't rated as a 5-star recruit or anything like that. Obviously, he should have been. When Pitt fans think of Revis, they remember his punt return TD in the 2006 version of the Backyard Brawl at Heinz Field. I remember it, but for all the wrong reasons. I was at that game and I remember thinking that Pitt was going to win that game, and then the Panthers laid an egg in the second half and lost. I also didn't even get to watch the play with my own eyes. I was at the concession stand getting some candy and I had to watch it on the little dinky TV hanging in the hall way. It was depressing I know but that's what I get for being a glutton. The dude has to be the best defensive back in Pitt history, so he has to be on any list when talking about Pitt Panther greats.

CLICK HERE FOR PART TWO of DeLlav's favorite Pitt players!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.