Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Back in action

My daily blog has been on hold for a while now due to the fact that I have been dealing with a 22 credit semester which includes a 250 hour internship. I will start blogging more now but I wont be back to "daily" until I graduate (hopefully) with my bachelors in about a month. But anyway ill share a few quick thoughts with you all.

-Randy Moss is a 49er and I love it. I am worried that Alex Smith is throwing him passes but I think he could be fairly productive. I can see something like 1,100 recieving yards and 8 tds if he can get a rhythm in the offense but realistically I see something like 800 yards and 4 tds. Not because he doesnt have the talent to do more but I just cant see him and Alex Smith doing much. He will be productive. He would have been better with the Saints but he choose the 49ers so all the power to him.

I will be blogging about Hines Ward and loyalty in the NFL shortly. I feel as if Steeler Nation was being very rough on the organization for not bringing him back even at the minimum vet salary. He had 14 years with one team. That is so rare and so special. Steeler nation treated him well and even gave him a -3 yard pass to get his record. Might I remind everyone that even the great Jerry Rice didnt play his whole career with one team. San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Denver. Great players dance around teams late in their careers. It just happens. But Hines avoided that and now he awaits (maybe) a hall of fame induction...down the road.

Hines Ward and Peyton Manning's situation made me think of the New England Patriots. The reason why is because they are known for shipping out their veterans and top players when they can't offer any more. Talk about loyalty right? They are arguably the greatest organization of the decade and winning comes before loyalty for them. Think about it. Great Patriot names have been shipped out of there like a misplaced package on an airplane: Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Richard Seymour, Willie Mcginist, Mike Vrabel, Randy Moss, Deion Branch, Brandon Merriweather, Curtis Martin, Lawrence Marooney, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, ADAM VINATERI and the list goes on and on.... All these guys were let go by the Patriots one way or another and all these guys STILL love the organization and still are part of the Patriots family one way or another. This is evident by the fact that they all attended Myra Kraft's funeral and they all keep involved in the Patriot community one way or another, if it be alumni games or guest appearances or whatever, they still are in the family. And thats what the Steelers did with Hines Ward. Even when he was exploring other options and couldn't get on a team, they let him come back and do a press conference and announce his retirement as a steeler. Good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.