Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's a Pirates life for Buccos fans.


Pittsburgh PiratesI am thrilled the Buccos won the series in Arizona. They are now sitting at 5-7 coming out of a brutal road trip. I have been getting tons of questions about why I even root for the Pirates. So many people (who are often Pens or Steelers fans) tell me that there is no point of rooting for them because they are going to be bad forever. Well I do not think they will be bad forever because eventually they are going to have a winning season. It may take another 20 years but I think it will be sooner. Anway, I am one of few Pittsburgh Pirates fans. I watch all the games I can and while I am stuck and school or at work I constantly check the game center on sportsline or mlb.com. People look at me like I'm an ass (I don't blame them) because how into the Pirates I am. But here is why I root for the Pirates. 1) I always have rooted for them and won't jump ship now 2) I love them 3) I have hope that this is in fact the year  4) they are the home team 5) because I'm proud to be a Pirates fan. SAY WHAT?! Yes I am proud. I will tell you why I am proud. To me, being a Pirates fan means that you have balls.  Wearing that black hat with the yellow "P" on it is like a badge, signifying the suffering and heartache you endure.The Pirates "true" fans are tough as nails. Think of all the suffering we endure. DECADES of losing baseball and yet we still root for them. You know the saying "It's a Pirates life for me"? It is so fitting for not only for the owners and players, but for the fans as well.  I wan't to know what it is like to experience playoff baseball as a fan. I wan't to know what winning is like, and I wan't to know what my grandfathers, dad, and uncles felt when they talk about the good ole days of Buccos baseball. Until then, I can only imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.