Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disco Dan



I have 60 pages of pure bullcrap that I have to write for a graduation research paper in order for me to graduate in less then two weeks. So instead of managing my time wisely while I'm at work, I decided to just rant a little bit about whatever goes through my mind while I finish typing this sentence. And now that I am finished with that sentence I realized how much I dissapointed I am in the Penguins. Ya, I know they won 10-3 yesterday but the odds of them winning the series, let alone the cup, are slim to none. There is a better chance that Tupac and JoePa are still alive chilling somewhere. That being said, the hologram Tupac I saw at coachella gave me chills. The point im trying to make is that the Pens had so much promise coming into the playoffs and look where they are at now. If the Pens truly take it one game at a time then they can win the series. They did win 10 in a row during the regular season but the playoffs is a whole different story. As far as Dan Byslma goes, I do not think he should be fired but do not be SURPRISED if he is on a short leash next year. NHL coaches come and go faster than any other professional sporting league covered by ESPN. When these coaches are let go, It does not necessarily mean that they are not good, it just means the ownership still feels there is a chance that if the right guy comes in and lights a "spark" underneath a team that the season can be saved. Some fans think this is a foolish approach to have, but look at the Pens in 09. Remember when Disco Dan came in after Michel Therrien was fired? The Pens where out of the playoff picture in 10th place. Then comes Byslma and he and the team win the cup with the fourth overall seed in the playoffs.  So we will just have to wait and see what happens next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.