Monday, May 7, 2012

I have no hometown NBA team...so who do I root for?

Since I am from the Pittsburgh area, I cheer for the Steelers, Pens, and Pirates. Obviously, there is no NBA team in the steel city so I really do not have a team that I call my own. That being said, I am a fan of a few teams in the NBA. No, not a true fan or diehard fan or anything like that, but I do pull for the Grizzlies, Cavs, and Lakers. I like the Lakers because of Kobe Bryant, I like the Cavs because I like Dan Gilbert (and by default I guess they are the hometown team), and I'm really pulling for the Grizz because they are the smallest market in the NBA (or at least one of the smallest - sorry I do not feel like Google sources or citing stuff because I just graduated from college and I've had enough of that for a while).

My point is that I would love to see a small market team win an NBA championship. The Titans and Predators really don't do much for Tennesse so if the Grizz can pull together and get a ring for themselves, then the small city of Memphis can have something to feel proud about. I've also been fond of the Grizzlies because some of my favorite players have played for them. Sam Young and Jason Williams (Randy Moss' good friend) are just a couple. The Grizz were a laughing stock in Vancouver and are finally coming around now in Memphis. I am growing tired of glamor big market cities always winning championships. The first team to come to mind when you think of big market with glamor is the Miami Heat.

That being said, if the Grizz can't win a title then I am all for the Heat winning. I really want Lebron to win a ring so haters will shut up. I'm talking to you Skip Bayless (and any bitter Cleveland fan). The Heat remind me of the nWo, and when LeBron took his talents to South Beach two years, it made the NBA interesting. So in a way, people should be thankful for LeBron. We don't know if the Heatles will stay together for much longer, but if the "evil" and "villainous" LeBron James wins a title, it sure as hell will make things even MORE interesting in the NBA. When was the last time you could say that?

1 comment:

  1. I'm from Pittsburgh as well so I'm in the same NBA boat as you are. Personally, i like the Celtics. To me,they seem like a respectable organization so i'm fine with them. I used to like the Heat and Cavs but lost all respect for LeBron when he decided to be extremely self-centered when he made his "Decision." He should have announced he wasn't staying in Cleveland then signed with the Heat. The Celtics put their team together similar to the Pens with great trades and some high draft picks.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback! This site is created by the fans and for the fans. But please, keep it clean. Any lewd, obscene, or irrelevant comments will be removed immediately.